Thursday, September 15, 2011

Fall

No pictures today. Instead all of my pictures are memories. Today, when I started my day the weather was a little overcast, cool...you can feel that fall is on its way. After getting the kids off to school I came home cracked some windows, sprayed some clorox to get some cleaning done and was transported back in time. I was a little girl again, in my room playing. My mom is on her usual cleaning spree (hence the clorox smell) I can hear the vacuum cleaner going next door in the den and the tv is on to All My Children. I am sure that if I rounded the corner I would probably see the ironing board set up with a laundry basket beside it...In my room I see my cream colored four poster bed that I think every little girl my age had, it has perfectly placed lacy pillows against the headboard. I can hear the helicopters from Ft Rucker flying overhead...

Memories are such a precious thing that God has given us. My mom passed away 13 years ago but thanks to my memories I can go back and remember her and so many others that we have lost along the way. Today I am thankful, thankful for my many blessings, thankful for my memories.

No comments: