Friday, September 19, 2008

News!! Exciting and... Interesting?

Caleb came home with some exciting and interesting news from school yesterday. The interesting thing was that he came running to the car with a ziploc bag in his hand. The ziploc bag had a pickled pigs foot in it! His teacher had brought some to share with the class and each had at least taken a bite. Caleb said he thought it tasted like hot bacon. He was proud of himself, I was proud that he was willing to try something new. However, I don't think I will be purchasing any to keep for afternoon snack! The exciting news is that his teacher sent home a note and said that he had read a First grade reader! I was floored! He has really been doing well, and is starting to take an interest in trying to read on his own, but this was amazing! Marcus and I are very proud of him!

We also found out that we should be able to get DSL out here within a week or so! That is going to be great, I will finally be able to post lots of new pictures!!!

No comments: